Some of My Favorite Places I’ve Traveled

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Traveling is seriously one of my favorite things. I love being able to experience a different culture, try new food, and meet new people. In the past few years, I’ve tried to travel as much as possible. Here are some of my favorite places I would recommend visiting: 

1. Amsterdam, Netherlands

Amsterdam has such a cool city vibe and it is filled with fun things to do. The style there is amazing and it is pretty easy to get around. A lot of people speak English so it is easy to communicate. 

1. Positano, Italy

Positano is absolutely stunning with its hills and architecture. It is filled with amazing food and kind people. It is the perfect place to spend some time on the beach and walk around shops. 

1. Corfu, Greece

Corfu is such a pretty island. It is not like a typical “Mama Mia” looking island but it has amazing views and hikes. The Greek food is incredible and the beach clubs are so much fun. 

1. Capri, Italy

Capri is the perfect place to spend time in the water. I would recommend taking a boat tour around the island and visiting some of the beautiful caves. There are also a lot of cute shops and amazing views. 

1. Copenhagen, Denmark 

Copenhagen is a really amazing place filled with so much beauty. There are a lot of stunning churches and historical sites to visit and it is fairly easy to learn about the culture.

Marisa Monahan

Holy Cross '26

Hi! I'm Marisa and I'm from New Hampshire. I love hanging out with friends, listening to music, reading, and a good coffee shop. I am a Psych major with a Neuroscience and Art History minor and will be graduating 2026.