This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

It’s officially Christmas music season! It always seems like the very second Thanksgiving is over, Christmas music is blasting over every radio station. Most of all, it feels like there is no time to ease into the season and warm up to the cold weather–and the music that comes with it. Don’t get me wrong, I love the classic Bing Crosby and Michael Bublé tunes, but there is something so comforting about listening to a playlist that evokes all the winter wonderland feelings without the same overplayed Christmas classics. I believe there are many ways to ring in the season and adding in some of wintery melodies to your lineup is one of the best. Here are my recommendations for some songs to accompany you on those cozy winter nights watching the snow fall outside your candle-lit window.

• Coming Home by Leon Bridges
  • Sheep by Mt. Joy
  • Sign of The Times by Harry Styles
  • From the Dining Table by Harry Styles
  • Sweater Weather The Neighborhood
  • When We Were Young by Adele
  • Any Bon Iver song
  • Any Mumford and Sons Song (specifically Where Are You Now or Little Lion Man)
  • Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
  • Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac
  • Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
  • White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes
  • There She Goes by The La’s
  • Vienna by Billy Joel
  • Someone New by Hozier
  • Somewhere Only We Know by Keane
  • January by Verzache
  • Older Than I Am by Lennon Stella
  • Sparks by Coldplay
  • Maine by Noah Kahan
  • Stick Season by Noah Kahan

Of course, there has to be some Taylor Swift only options… Some more obvious winter themes:

Forever Winter, Back to December, All Too Well (10 Minute Version), New Years Day More subtle options: Evermore, Champagne Problems, Don’t You, The Lakes, Cardigan, Ivy

Lauren Harkins

Holy Cross '26

Lauren is an article contributor for Her Campus Holy Cross. She is a current undecided freshman who is enjoying getting to know campus and all of the opportunities Holy Cross has to offer! A Massachusetts native, Lauren loves to get outdoors, be active, and explore different areas of New England.