When Harry Met Sally
When Harry Met Sally
Castle Rock Entertainment

My Top 8 Rom Com Love Interests

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

8. Jake- Sixteen Candles

Coming in at number 8 is Jake Ryan from the classic Sixteen Candles. From growing up watching this movie with my mom, he holds a very special place in my heart.

7. JOsh – clueless

I don’t particularly love Josh as much as I do some others, but I do love his actor (Paul Rudd) and the movie Clueless overall. He’s very entertaining, putting him at 7 in my opinion.

6. william – notting hill

Next is William from Notting Hill. He plays a bookseller in London in this underrated film. Definitely go watch if you haven’t already!

5. harry – when harry met sally

Harry from When Harry Met Sally is blatant, but also always a good time. He plays the long game with Sally and is landing at number 5.

4. ben – how to lose a guy in 10 days

At number 4 is Ben from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I watched this movie for the first time over Christmas break, and it was quite life changing.

3. kevin – 27 dresses

At number 3 is Kevin from 27 Dresses. My roommate and I watched this together a few weeks ago (instead of watching the SuperBowl) and were both very upset we’d never seen it before, especially every part Kevin is in. I wish I could put him much higher, but I just have so much history with the next two.

2. patrick – 10 things i hate about you

Patrick Verona, from 10 Things I Hate About You, holds the #2 spot in my opinion. You’ve gotta love the angry boy falls in love trope, and Heath Ledger has the perfect duality for the role. This is one of my favorite movies of all time.

1. edward – pretty woman

Finally, holding the number 1 spot is Edward from Pretty Woman. This movie is another one of my all-time favorites, and Edward plays the perfect confident and unpredictable love interest.

Bridget O'Toole

Holy Cross '26

Hi! I am a sophomore at Holy Cross and am majoring in English and minoring in Architectural Studies. I'm from Long Island, New York, and my favorite things include skiing, reading, yoga, and the beach!