This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Spring break is just around the corner, meaning our Instagrams will get much better and brighter. My favorite part of trips is planning outfits and creating packing lists. My sister and I always craft lists long enough for months of travel. I have condensed those lists to only the fun stuff that can elevate every outfit. People often go away to get some sun during spring break, so I created a packing list for all of your tropical adventures. And if you aren’t going away this March, keep these items in mind for this spring and summer!

Bathing Suits:

You obviously need bathing suits! My favorites to bring on spring break are usually string bikinis because I like to get an even tan. I will wear the string bikinis early in the week and then move on to more fun silhouettes. I love Ark Swimwear for simple string bikinis. Free People has cool, unique bikinis and one pieces. They are a little bit more expensive but are of great quality. I also love Pacsun, Billabong, and Triangl for cute suits!

Dinner Outfits:

My favorite way to pack dinner outfits for vacation is to pack co-ord sets. Princess Polly makes cute sets that are easy to wear with little heels or sandals. Sets take away the stress of matching a top and a bottom. You also look more put together when your outfit matches perfectly. These are also great to have in your suitcase because they are easy to mix and match. I always pack the Princess Polly “Huxley Set” in white because it is just plain white trousers and a white tank. When worn together, you look adorable, but pairing it with other clothing items is also so easy.

Accessories:

I always like to bring a few versatile statement accessories. I always see little gold body and waist chains worn with bikinis. These symbolize femininity and add an adorable delicate touch to your beach outfit. I also always try to bring statement shoes. That could be a fun sandal, a colorful heel, or a unique silhouette. Jewelry is the easiest way to spice up an outfit. I am a gold girl, so I always bring lots of layered gold necklaces to bring out my tan. Hailey Bieber inspired me to get Jennifer Fisher gold hoops, which are amazing! I bring them with me everywhere, and they elevate every outfit.

Electronics:

Film cameras are my favorite way to capture pictures on vacation. You can only see them once you get home, so you can’t critique them. Every single film photo is so much better than a regular iPhone picture. I also recommend getting a little digital camera. I have the Nikon Coolpix camera that I bring with me. They are hard to find recently because they have become popular, but search! They are so fun and make taking pictures so much more enjoyable. I also recommend bringing a portable charger. There are no outlets at the beach!

Makeup:

The most essential item you can bring on vacation is sunscreen! You need to protect your skin! I know it is tempting to fry in the sun and get a tan but don’t do it! You can still achieve a tan with sunscreen. I also usually bring St. Tropez face tanner because my body always tans way faster than my face. If you want, bring a self-tan for your body too! When it comes to makeup, try to let your skin breathe. You are on vacation! I pack a light concealer, mascara, Benetint blush, and a lip combo. I stray away from face products aside from a thick moisturizer as a base for my makeup.

Quinn Havlicek

Holy Cross '25

Art History Major with a minor in Creative Writing!