My Review of the Best Coffee in Worcester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Although I love Starbucks and Dunkin as much as the next girl, when it comes to coffee, Worcester has some great and unique options. If you are a coffee guru or an avid coffee drinker, sometimes you just need something different, new, and fun to add to your current coffee rotation. If you are ever sick of the Dunkin Charli coffee or your Starbucks latte, make sure you check out these fun places and get your caffeine cravings satisfied. 

ACOUSTIC JAVA

Acoustic Java has recently become one of my favorite Saturday morning coffee places. It is located right next to Holy Cross and has a very calming, bookstore atmosphere. The interior is small, but a perfect place to grab your computer and some friends and do some light work. The coffee is absolutely amazing and they have delicious seasonal flavors too. My favorite fall flavor is the nutty maple latte with oat milk. 10 out of 10 recommend!! 

Steam café

Steam Café is right next to Union Station and while it was closed during the height of the COVID-19 virus last year, it now has new management and has reopened. They have delicious drip coffee which I definitely recommend. The iced coffee is delicious as well and they have amazing açai bowls if you are looking for a fruity breakfast. Steam is definitely a place to put on your coffee bucket list and make a fun breakfast run out of. 

in house

In-House is a classic and an all time favorite. In-House is my most frequent coffee stop because their bagels are also to die for. I usually get a large iced coffee with cream and sugar (which looks like an extra large if you want some bang for your buck), but they have delicious flavored coffee that is definitely worth a try. They also sell their flavored coffee beans to go if you get hooked on a flavor. While In-House is on Shrewsbury Street, it is most certainly worth the drive for a fun coffee excursion.

La La Java

La La Java is definitely the place to go if you have extra time to kill and want to make a day of your coffee run. It is in Northborough and is about a 20 minute drive, but the coffee is absolutely amazing and worth the trek. The interior is super fun and gives off a beach-type vibe. This is the perfect place to go with friends on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Although I have not tried their food, their menu has a variety of food as well which is on my bucket list to try the next time I go.

Annie Jackowitz

Holy Cross '23

Class of 2023 Economics major with a concentration in gender & woman studies!