Lizzo at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Lizzo at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

My Grammy Fashion Review: 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The 65th Annual Grammy Awards red carpet did not disappoint. As the biggest night in music, the night has many facets that catch the world’s attention. I love the fashion that the red carpet at the Grammys draws in. There is not much of a dress code as the focus is the music. With this type of awards show, the looks range from more adventurous looks to more classically formal ones. I am going to review the outfits I found to be the most noteworthy.

1. Cardi B

My favorite look of the night was Cardi B’s Gaurav Gupta outfit. Her sculpted, royal blue look was unique and classy.

2. Lizzo

Lizzo wore a bright orange Dolce & Gabbana gown and a hooded cape. The cape was covered in flowers. I was not the biggest fan of this look, but I love how different it was. Sometimes, an out-there look is worth it. If anyone could pull this look off, it’s Lizzo.

3. Doja Cat

Doja Cat showed up in a Versace gown. The latex black look matches perfectly with her current aesthetic.

4. Taylor Swift

It’s no secret I am a swiftie…I loved Taylor’s look. Taylor wore a Roberto Cavalli two-piece set in the color midnight blue. She also wore a statement diamond earring that featured purple, which could be a nod to the release of the music video for “Lavender Haze.” The look was inspired by her album “Midnights” making it perfect for the Grammys.

5. Adele

Although she skipped the red carpet, Adele managed to gain attention in the fashion department. She wore a velvet Louis Vuitton gown. In a deep burgundy, the dress had a dramatic feel with a silk, ruffled collar. Nicolas Ghesquière, a trendsetter by all means, did a wonderful job with this look.

Ann O'Malley

Holy Cross '26

Ann is a current sophomore at Holy Cross from Milton, Massachusetts. She enjoys spending time with friends, listening to music, and writing!