This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

This past week was my 20th birthday, and I absolutely love planning fun things to do, especially for special occasions such as birthdays. I feel like a lot of people do not realize how much Worcester has to offer, aside from the classics like WooSoo Games, Mezcal, and Miss Worcester Diner. I had such a great weekend celebrating with my friends, and I hope my birthday weekend itinerary gives you inspiration for yours in the future!

On Friday, I went to Bocado, which is an amazing Spanish Tapas Bar. This great, hidden spot had a romantic vibe and amazing food. Since it is tapas style, you pick a few different plates to eat, and can order even more to split amongst the table. My recommendations are Croquetas de Jamón y Queso, Hamburguesas de Wagyu, Patatas Asadas, Pollo Asado Lento, and Bolas de arroz frito con mozzarella. Make sure to get churros for dessert, or their secret menu item that is sometimes offered, which is a cheesecake charcuterie board! 

On Saturday, my friends and I explored some stores in the area which was so fun and we had great finds. First, we went to Joe’s Albums, which had all things music. I found some really cool vinyl records: some old and some new. They also have CD’s, shirts, posters, and other cool music collectables. Then we went to Sweet Jane’s, a designer consignment shop. They had such cool items here, from jewelry and watches, to Louis Vuitton and Gucci wallets, designer bags and shoes, and a wide variety of clothes. There were great sales on a lot of items, and most of it was in great condition. Next, we went to some shops, all located on Green St. We went to Bedlam Book Cafe, and got some Matcha as we sorted through all of the interesting books, postcards, calendars, stickers, and little trinkets. Then, across from there, we went to Seed to Stem, a gorgeous plant store. There are green plants all over the large store, with so many hidden gems. I got the prettiest ring, a bracelet, and a plant. This is the perfect place if you love flowers and plants, or need a gift for someone. Lastly, we went to Crompton Collective, located below the two previous stores. Crompton Collective is a vintage store, so come ready to look through such cool, unique things. I have bought old Life Magazines from the 50’s, vintage clothes, glassware, and so much more. 

After the day of shopping on Saturday, we went to dinner at Meze Estiatorio, a Greek place on Shrewsbury Street. It was SO good. They had drink specials that were so yummy, and we got the Meze Plate with Hummus, Tzatziki, and Tirokafteri. For my meal I got the Gyro Plate which was amazing, and I’ve also heard the lemon potatoes, kotosoupa, spanakopita, and souvlaki plate are all great as well. We had the baklava for dessert which I definitely recommend!

On Sunday, I obviously had to go to The Mercantile for brunch, where you have to get the classic mimosa tower. For my meal, I had the loaded potato skillet. Also, if you tell them it’s your birthday, you get a free dessert! The next day, on Monday, which was my actual birthday, we went to Volturnos for dinner with the BOGO deal. I had the Volturno Pizza and it was sooo yummy. You also have to get the Nutella pizza for dessert, but unfortunately they didn’t have it that day which was so sad. 

I had such an amazing birthday exploring Worcester with my friends and trying all the best restaurants around. Make sure to put all the places I listed on your Worcester bucket list! You’ll thank me later.

Ashley Bunici

Holy Cross '26

Ashley Bunici is from Long Island, New York and is a Political Science Major and Disability Studies Minor, on the pre-law track. She loves to volunteer and be involved in clubs, spend time with friends and family, and travel.