This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it is time to start thinking about gifts for the woman who gets you through it all! I am victim to leaving gifts to the last minute and having to order fast shipping when I could easily plan ahead of time for a stress-free shopping experience. This year, for your sake, I am sharing some of my favorite gift ideas for Mother’s Day, so there is no excuse not to get the perfect one!

1. Venus et Fleur Roses

If you are willing to splurge, these roses are most well-known for lasting over a year, remaining fresh and beautiful so your mom will always remember the special day. They come in a variety of colors and are timeless, so it is a guaranteed W!

1. Lululemon Fanny Pack

If your mom is always on the go and needs a way to carry around all of her essentials (without having to lug around a purse), this is definitely the way to go. She can go hands-free and there is room for everything she needs in the day.

1. Jo Malone Discovery Perfumes

My mom is extremely picky with her perfumes, and buying one for her would be risky. Instead, I recommend getting a “discovery set” if a brand offers it. Jo Malone specifically has one which comes with five scents, so she can decide which one suits her, and so you don’t have to flop with your choice of scent!

1. Bath and Body Works Stress Relief Candle

Everyone knows that moms can be a bit stressed taking care of the family, and having a relaxing candle burning in the house is a great way to unwind from the day. This one is eucalyptus and spearmint scented, which basically smells like you just walked into a spa. Game changer!

1. Clean Greens Face Mask

Allow your mother some relaxation time with this completely edible face mask. It contains mango juice powder, marshmallow root extract, spirulina powder, and chlorella powder, perfect for giving your skin the boost it needs. It detoxifies the skin and gives it a natural glow that your mom would definitely appreciate.

1. Five Minute Journal

Sometimes, journaling is the best way to clear your mind (especially when you have children to take care of!). This specific one allows you to write down the things for which you are grateful, your daily affirmations, and the thoughts that will improve your overall mood and outlook on the day. As a mother, it would be great to have a tool like this to look back on and see how much you have grown. I recommend this for anyone whose mom barely has any time to herself!

1. Comfy Pajama Set

I’m sure you are sensing a pattern. Mothers should take time to relax and take care of themselves, so these soft pajamas are a perfect gift this Mother’s Day. This VS set is modal material and has a buttery feel that will give your mom the utmost comfort. She can finally catch some Zzzs in this sleepwear.

1. Plant Mister Spray Bottle

For anyone whose mom is a plant mom like mine, this gift is flawless. It works for both indoor and outdoor plants, is gentle on those with sensitive leaves, and is beautiful for decoration, rather than hiding it in the back of the shed.

1. Adult Coloring Book

This adult coloring book is made for anxiety-relief and mindfulness to decrease stress. It is right down a stressed out mom’s alley! It allows the colorer to focus on what is in front of them, and is a great tool to take a break from the reality of the day. If you make this purchase for your mother, don’t be surprised if you find her hidden in her room with a set of colored pencils.

1. Anything Homemade!

I know my mom is extremely appreciative of any gift, but the ones we make ourselves are really the most special. Knowing you put time and effort into a gift is a great feeling, so whether it is a photo book, a customized mug, or something as simple as a handwritten card, she will definitely feel the love. Fun fact: last year, I wrote my mom a note on a white-lined piece of paper five minutes before I gave it to her, and she cried. It works, people!

Emily Johnson

Holy Cross '25

Junior English major at the College of the Holy Cross