This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

We all know Holy Cross is a unique place, and with this comes some lingo completely specific to our school. Here are some terms you can’t go without knowing at Ho Cro!

Hoval: a combined term for the oval-shaped space in front of Hogan campus center, the hoval is a central hub of campus and a spacious grassy area students can use to relax on a sunny day, especially with these warm 70 degree temps we are having in November.

Croads: short for Crossroads, Croads is the delicious eatery on the bottom floor of Hogan. Home to the best pizza and chicken tenders you can find on campus, croads is a must after a night out and will quickly deplete your dining dollars.

Slib: the science library, located in the Smith labs building, is peaceful study spot no matter the hour. Many a night has been spent at the slib until its closing time.

Easy street: fondly named this because it is one of the only paths you can walk at Holy Cross without going up a hill, easy street is home to five residence halls occupied by freshmen and sophomores. It even has its own geofilter on snapchat!

Leit’s/big wednesday: if you are going out on Wednesday night, you better being going to Leitrim’s, otherwise known as Leit’s. This bar is the destination for HC students during the week and you will probably know everyone there.

Transported: it may be a term common to many schools in the northeast, but I hadn’t heard it before attending HC. So if you’re like me, you had no idea what people meant when you heard “They got transported last night” for the first time. Getting transported means getting taken to the hospital due to getting sick from alcohol. Unfortunately this happens more than you’d think; drink responsibly!

CB2: the second Cool Beans coffee shop on campus located in Stein is a great socialization and study spot during the day and also serves delicious caffeinated drinks and your favorite pastries!

A North Carolina girl living in a Massachusetts world. College of the Holy Cross '19.
If there's anything I've mastered in this life, it's a successful hair flip.