Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

harry styles as danny zuko for “harryween”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Harry Styles started off his first of ten performances at the Forum in Los Angeles last Monday night on Halloween. He followed up on his noteworthy costumes from last year (Dorthy from The Wizard of Oz and a Clown) by dressing as the leader of Grease’s T-Birds, Danny Zuko, for his third ever “Harryween” concert. He entered the stage to the hit song from the soundtrack “You’re the One That I Want” in all black from his hair, styled in classic John Travlota fashion, to his shoes and leather jacket. He added his own modern twist to this outfit by cutting the sleeves and adding rhinestones around the edge, and adding “harryween” to the back of it in bright red writing.

Harry brought the costume to life in different ways. During “Daydreaming,” he did the popular dance move in “You’re the One That I Want.” He also quickly did the hand jive from the prom scene in the movie. Finally, he sang Sandy’s influential solo song “Hopelessly Devoted” as a tribute to Olivia Newton John, her actress, who passed away in August at the age of 73 from breast cancer. Towards the end of the song, multiple images of Olivia as Sandy and her later in life were shown on the screens around the arena. A clear video of the full performance is linked here.

Personally, I’m hoping that “harryween” continues yearly and that we get more costumes and (more importantly) more covers. Harry is now going to be performing at the Forum until November 15, before continuing  “Love on Tour” internationally in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and more!

Bridget O'Toole

Holy Cross '26

Hi! I am a sophomore at Holy Cross and am majoring in English and minoring in Architectural Studies. I'm from Long Island, New York, and my favorite things include skiing, reading, yoga, and the beach!