Halloween Costumes that Work with a Mask

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

There is no doubt that these times are unprecedented, but one thing we do not want to change or give up is Halloween. Halloween is SO much fun – from the movie marathons, to the decorations, binge eating your favorite candy, dressing up, trick-or-treating and going to parties. With Halloween right around the corner here are some costume ideas so you can stay safe with COVID without having to give up those fun plans!

A Doctor or a Nurse

This one is kind of a given! Put your medical mask to good use and accompany it with some scrubs, a lab coat, and a stethoscope. 

A Superhero or a Ninja

There are plenty of superheroes who wear some kind of mask or face covering! Dress up as Wonder Woman, Batwoman, Superwoman, or be a ninja – they never show their faces!

A Skeleton

Draw or paint bones or a skeleton face on a mask you already have or find a cute one online with the pattern already printed on it!

Literally Any Animal

Take the same approach as with the skeleton costume and make your own animal face on a mask or get one online. Pair this with a cute outfit and a tail and you are golden!

A Thief

Dress up as a super cute thief in all black or throw on some horizontal stripes, a beanie, and a face covering – nobody will know you’re coming! 

Fiona Willette

Holy Cross '24

Hi I’m Fiona Willette and I am a freshman at Holy Cross! I am from Stamford, Connecticut. In my free time I like to run, lift weights, water and snow ski and swim!