This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Whether you’re having a traditional friendsgiving, or want to do something completely different, these are some ideas to add some spice to your friendsgiving, if you would.

PJ‘s and Movie Marathon

What’s more fun than getting together with your friends and being all cozy and watching movies? Bring on all the popcorn, candy, and soda. The snacks can be fall and Thanksgiving based to add to the festivities. You can watch a nostalgic movie like Charlie Brown Thanksgiving or watch the newest Christmas movie.  

Ice Cream Bar

Nothing is better than making your own sundae with your friends. Grab different flavors of ice cream (don’t forget the pumpkin flavor), put out hot fudge, whipped cream, and tons of different candy toppings and you’re all set to go. 

*or better yet* A Cocktail Bar (for those 21+ of course)

Add chopped apples, cranberries, orange slices, cinnamon, or a cinnamon based alcohol and let guests make their own Thanksgiving drink concoction. Another option is to have fallish pre-made drinks like Pumpkin head or Oktoberfest beer.

Crafts Anyone?

Remember being little and making Thanksgiving crafts and while they may have turned out horrible, it was very fun. Recreate your favorite crafts with your friends. Have a hand turkey contest or see who can make the most words out of “thanksgiving.” Just have fun and embrace your inner child.

Thanksgiving Bingo

You can get ready made cards from a store, or make it more fun and make your own! There can be spots for when a certain person does a specific action or says something, as well as traditional bingo like/ thanksgiving themes spots.

Make it a Brunch

Not a fan of Thanksgiving food, or want to do it early in the day, make it a brunch! There can be apple cider, pumpkin donuts, cranberry orange muffins, and other fallish breakfast and lunch foods.

Callie Gillan

Holy Cross '26

Callie is a current sophomore at Holy Cross and is studying Political Science and Psychology. In her free time she loves reading, trying new coffee places and going to the beach.