This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Finals are stress-inducing and all-consuming, but don’t let them destroy your mental and physical health! Try out these easy, quick self-care tips during finals week to help you relax and recuperate. 

Take a timeout from screens

The Zoom fatigue is real. Turn off your computer, lock your phone, and rest. Listen to music or a podcast, read a book, meditate, or journal. Give your eyes a break!

Exercise

Even if you just go for a lap around the house or try a ten-minute ab workout on YouTube, make sure to get some movement in. As Elle Woods once said, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t kill their husbands.” Happy people just don’t fail their finals either!

Make time for something that makes you happy

Whether it be watching your favorite show, baking, or playing monopoly, carve out some time in your day to do something that brings you joy and helps you relax.

Good luck and take care of yourselves!

Bridget is a Senior English major at Holy Cross. She likes books, yoga, Taylor Swift, feta cheese, and reality TV. When she grows up, she wants to be Miss Havisham or Jia Tolentino.