This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

With Fall finally here, I have been looking to buy some new shoes. I’ve been on the search for a stylish sneaker and one I can pair with most outfits. Most of the sneakers on my list can be bought in white or gray, perfect for any outfit. Here are my top 4 picks.

1. Reebok Club C

These sneakers have been classics since their release in 1985. The low top shoe has a sturdy rubber sole known to last years. They can be bought in the classic white with the green reebok logo or you can branch out and explore the various other options offered. These include cheetah print, cloud blue, and many different accent colors with white as the base color. If the Club c’s aren’t for you, Reebok has endless other other sneaker options to explore. A notable mention are the classic nylon trainers with a chunky sole and suede accents. 

2. Veja

Using fair trade and organic materials, Veja is the world’s first sustainable sneaker. The company was founded in 2004, but really gained traction in 2016. The most popular of veja sneakers are the Veja Esplar which are a low top sneaker denoted by the V logo which comes in a variety of colors. The buyer can choose between laces or three velcro straps. Another popular style are the V10’s which come in more full color options. 

3. Converse 

One can never go wrong with converse. Everyone likely knows the classic styles, so I want to touch upon their platform styles. The canvas platforms are great everyday shoes. Customize them or choose from the huge variety of colors offered. If you are looking for something different, check out the Lugged Chuck Taylor’s. These shoes have a thick rubber sole, perfect for fall activities, such as exploring trails or apple picking. Another highly rated platform is the All Star Moves. A mesh lining keeps your feet from overheating and the cushioning has been described as “walking on a cloud.” You really cannot go wrong with Converse.

4. on

Do your feet a favor and check out the brand On. The line “Cloud” is one of the most popular and reviews cannot say enough about how comfortable they are. Described as the “world’s most lightweight running shoes”, $130 appears to be a very reasonable price. Whether you’re looking for comfortable shoes for long shifts on your feet, new running shoes, or just an everyday athleisure shoe for your daily commutes, the On Cloud is the way to go.

Meghan Dowling

Holy Cross '24

Hi! My name is Meghan Dowling. I am a sophomore biology major and creative writing minor. I’m from Portsmouth, NH and love to go to the beach and ski. In my free time on campus, you can find me hanging with friends or working out.