Building the Ultimate Brr Basket on a Budget (Target Edition)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

As the temperatures have dropped lately, chances are you’ve seen countless videos flooding your For You page featuring aesthetically pleasing “Brr Baskets”. Transitioning from their fall counterpart(“Boo Baskets”), Brr Baskets are gift baskets that were originally meant for one to give to their significant other to celebrate the season. However, you don’t need to be in a relationship to give or receive a Brr Basket! I am currently in the process of assembling a Brr Basket for my best friend’s upcoming birthday. 

As aesthetically pleasing as the Brr Baskets on my For You page are, they are also very unrealistic for the average college student’s budget, with some basket inspiration suggesting Lululemon leggings and Ugg Mini boots. Below I’ve outlined cheaper alternatives you can find at Target to include in your Brr Basket that still make a thoughtful gift to brighten your loved one’s day!

1)  Wondershop Blankets

The Target Wondershop line might just be the best place to look whenever you are shopping on a budget this time of year. The Wondershop sells fluffy, seasonally-printed blankets for as little as $5, that can make an adorable centerpiece for your Brr Basket.

2)  Opalhouse Candles

Every good Brr Basket comes with a candle, but not all of them need to be a $30 one from Bath and Body Works! Target sells candles for as little as $3, with their Opalhouse line featuring to-die-for seasonal scents for only $5. A couple of personal Opalhouse favorites that would make a Brr Basket extra special are “Balsam Fir” and “Gingerbread Frosting”. 

3) Favorite Day Holiday Treats

The “Favorite Day” line at Target is perfect for inexpensive holiday treat-making, with gingerbread house kits and more. Their delicious and gorgeous “Hot Chocolate Bombs” sell for as little as $4, making your Brr Basket even more sweet. 

4) Wondershop Mugs

To complete your Brr Basket, include an adorable seasonal mug from the Wondershop line for only $5. There are a variety of designs to choose from, including a snowman, Christmas tree, and gingerbread man-shaped mugs. 

There you have it: a thoughtful Brr Basket for under $20 that is guaranteed to warm the recipient’s heart! Explore Target to make your own spin on the iconic Brr Basket. 

Emily Kelley

Holy Cross '27

Hi everyone! I'm Emily and I'm a freshman at Holy Cross. I'm from Canton, MA and I'm majoring in psychology to hopefully become a sports psychologist or a teacher! I love to read, write, cook, and run in my free time. I'm so excited to be a part of HerCampus start writing! :)