This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

I am never one to break out the Christmas decor immediately after Halloween, but this year I have been really looking forward to the holiday season. I am excited for Snowport, hot cocoa, holiday movies, and warm blankets. It also helps that I am not going to be in Massachusetts for Christmas. I will be in Florida for winter break, which means I will miss out on my traditional New England Christmas and a potential white Christmas. Because of this, I have mentally moved up the timeline, so Christmas feels closer than it actually is. Being from the Boston area, I love to take advantage of what the city has to offer. Without further ado, here are some Boston holiday activities and attractions that I highly recommend checking out.

1. Snowport

The Holiday Market at Snowport will make its highly anticipated return on November 10th and remain open until December 31st! Snowport features 120+ vendors, a tree market, food stalls, a cocktail bar from Tuscan Kitchen, festive decor including a mistletoe arch, and a winter wish wall. If you have never been, I highly recommend going, and if you have been, I recommend going again! Seaport is one of my favorite areas in Boston and is easily accessible by train via South Station (some walking required). If you plan on driving or taking an Uber the address is 100 Seaport Boulevard. There are a lot of restaurants and shops around Snowport as well. 

1. Improv Asylum

I have been here so many times and can confidently say that they put on the best comedy shows in Boston. It is located right in the North End, so it is easy to have an amazing Italian dinner and then catch a show. The shows feature pre-written sketches and improvised portions. You will never see the same show. Additionally, they put on an adults-only, all-improv show called “Raunch” which happens on Saturdays at midnight. They also have a bar that offers themed cocktails. You can book tickets on their website: https://improvasylum.com/

1. The Bruins Game at TD Garden

Don your black and gold, and show your support for America’s first—and best—NHL team. TD Garden is connected to North Station making it super simple to get to. Plus, they have many food options in and around TD Garden. Definitely catch a game during the regular season when the Bruins are doing well and prices are typically lower.

1. Tree and Menorah Lightings

Boston hosts multiple different tree and menorah lightings throughout the months of November and December. Many include food and activities as well. The best part is they are all free! I have listed the dates and locations of popular ones below:

-Columbus Park: Monday, November 20, 5:00 pm

-Faneuil Hall Marketplace: Tuesday, November 21, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm

-Massachusetts State House: Tuesday, November 21, 5:00 pm

-Copley Square: Monday, November 27, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm

-Boston Common: Thursday, November 30, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm

-Boston’s Public Garden: Thursday, November 30, 8:00 pm

-Commonwealth Avenue Mall: Thursday, November 30, 8:00 pm

-Seaport: Friday, December 1, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm

-North End: Friday, December 1, 6:00 pm -9:00 pm

-USS Constitution: Sunday, December 3, 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm

-Seaport Menorah Lighting: Sunday, December 10, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm

For more information on the Tree Lightings in Boston check out this great guide: https://www.boston-discovery-guide.com/christmas-tree-lighting-ceremonies.html

Rhiannon Dyment

Holy Cross '26

Rhiannon Dyment is a sophomore at Holy Cross. She is double majoring in English and Political Science with a concentration in Peace and Conflict Studies. Rhiannon wants to continue on to law school after graduation. Outside of HerCampus she is involved with the Holy Cross Admissions Office, Purple Key Society, Feminist Forum, and Pink Gloves Boxing. Rhiannon loves dogs, warm weather, acai bowls, and playing golf.