This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

A good water bottle is essential on a college campus. Whether it is just walking to your class, doing work in the library, going to the dining hall, working out in the gym, or even just hanging out in your room, you are always in need of a reliable water bottle. Here are recommendations for some of the best water bottles out there right now!!

Takeya

Takeya bottles are great because of the top with a spout and twist-on cap that locks when it is open. This is perfect for working out or being out and about and they come in a variety of colors and sizes. Additionally, the bottles have a lifetime warranty and keep your water cold for so long! One slight flaw to these bottles is that they are hand-wash only.

Nalgene

Nalgenes are really great, reliable, basic water bottles. They are super easy to fill, clean, and wash with the wide-mouthed top. You can purchase new tops for it should yours snap or break, or if you want one with a spout. There are also inserts to make spillage less probable. One flaw to this bottle is that they are so wide that it doesn’t fit in your basic car’s cup holder.

Hydroflask

Whether it is the standard mouthed bottle or the wide mouthed bottle, you can add a variety of tops to the bottle such as the flex cap, straw lid or sport cap. These water bottles get amazing ratings, keep your water ICE cold, and are super easy to carry around. One flaw of the Hydroflask bottles is the possibility of denting.

CamelBak

CamelBak makes a variety of water bottles that are all great quality and more affordable. The CamelBak Eddy bottle has a straw that allows for easy drinking while being spill-proof and leak-proof. A flaw to this bottle is that the valve can sometimes fall off and it is still exposed when the straw is down. The CamelBak Podium bottle is a squeeze bottle that has a locking ring on top to prevent spillage, which is perfect for on the go sipping and working out. One flaw to this particular bottle is that the mouthpiece is also always exposed. 

Fiona Willette

Holy Cross '24

Fiona is a senior at Holy Cross studying physics and business. She is originally from Stamford, CT, but has loved spending her college years in Worcester. She is passionate about friends and family, cooking, being involved with campus and community activities as well as crossfit and working out. Her and fellow chapter member, Charlotte Keane, are so excited to be the Campus Correspondents this year!
Fiona Willette

Holy Cross '24

Hi I’m Fiona Willette and I am a freshman at Holy Cross! I am from Stamford, Connecticut. In my free time I like to run, lift weights, water and snow ski and swim!