Alternatives to Rose Bouquets This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Tired of roses? Have a favorite flower? Just looking for something different this Valentine’s
Day? Although roses may be a Valentine’s Day staple, there are plenty of floral combinations out
there that offer a beautiful alternative. If you or someone you know is not a fan of roses or
looking for something different, here are some tips to spice up your Valentine’s floral
arrangement.

If you’re buying for someone else, think of their favorite flower or color. A bouquet or
arrangement incorporating their favorite flower can be a meaningful gift. The same can be done
with their favorite color. The arrangement could showcase, for example, a purple flower
combined with other colors. Don’t be afraid to mix and match!

If you’re buying for yourself, you can choose a statement piece that will add character to
your space or boost your mood. Match the aesthetic of your room, pick something bold, or even
just buy what you’re in the mood for. Multi-color and multi-floral arrangements are a great way
to convey your appreciation for someone and a cute way to have a moment of self-love.
If you want to stick with roses, they don’t have to be classic red. Roses and rose bouquets
come in various colors and shades, such as pink, purple, yellow, and white. Roses can also be
combined with other flowers to create a festive, vibrant arrangement. Throw in some baby’s
breath, and you’ve got a beautiful rose bouquet!

Not sure where to look for flowers? Go by your local grocery store or Target. You can find
pre-designed arrangements or mix-n-match roses with your preferred flowers. If you’re looking
for a more custom design, try a florist or site online that delivers flowers. Whatever flower
combination you choose, whether for yourself or someone special, will make a beautiful
Valentine’s Day gift!

Rhiannon Dyment

Holy Cross '26

Rhiannon Dyment is a sophomore at Holy Cross. She is double majoring in English and Political Science with a concentration in Peace and Conflict Studies. Rhiannon wants to continue on to law school after graduation. Outside of HerCampus she is involved with the Holy Cross Admissions Office, Purple Key Society, Feminist Forum, and Pink Gloves Boxing. Rhiannon loves dogs, warm weather, acai bowls, and playing golf.