Wellness

A Glimpse Into My Easter Break Reset Plan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Easter Break is our last break before finals season.​​ This last push of the semester can be extremely stressful and taxing. When it comes time for finals, we’re all burnt out and tired and don’t know if we can keep going. This is why it’s super important to think ahead and visualize what that week is going to look like. There’s no time for this during a busy class week. But there is time during Easter Break! Here is my plan:

1. Get lots of sleep! We all don’t get enough sleep and we will certainly not be getting enough sleep during finals week. I’m making it my goal to get over 8 hours of sleep every night over break. This means not staying up on my phone or computer. It also means preparing for bed earlier in the night so that I can wind down. I want to go to bed earlier but not sleep in too much. Sleeping in is great and necessary but I still need time for the rest of my plan!
  2. Next, I’m going to spend as much time as possible with my family. Easter is a holiday after all, and whether or not you celebrate being home is a great opportunity to see your immediate family but also other relatives. For my family, Easter is a time when we all come together to share a meal. Because of Covid, we haven’t had a real family Easter in a while and so I’m excited for the chance to do so this year. 
  3. Do SOME school work. I really want to emphasize some here. There are a lot of assignments due once we’re back from break but we can’t let ourselves obsess over these assignments the whole time. We do truly need this break. However, this is a chance to work on things a bit at a time, whenever we please. We don’t have to busy our minds late at night after a full day of classes. We get to decide when we might want to do some reading or write a page of a paper. When I become overwhelmed, I’m going to stop and not think about work again until I feel ready.
  4. Exercise. When I’m home I enjoy working out on our Peloton. I like to take classes in the morning, it’s a great way to start my day and keep up with the healthy habits I’ve begun at school. I’m also planning on walking my dogs. I like to do this because not only is it with my dogs, but I get outside and I can leave my phone behind.
  5. Cook. I really enjoy cooking. At school, I don’t get a chance to cook and so I’m excited to cook for myself but also for my family. I find cooking therapeutic and a good way to reduce stress.
  6. Finally, when I have time, I plan on getting organized for finals weeks. This does NOT mean starting to study for finals but, instead, writing out in my agenda when my finals are, and when the rest of my assignments are due. That way I can get started on drafts for the larger papers and plan when I need to study. This is also really helpful to do while your home because you can plan your move-out date, coordinating with your parents when you’ll be done.
Claire Reiser

Holy Cross '24

Hi, my name is Claire Reiser and I’m a sophomore from Malvern, Pennsylvania. I love all things beauty, wellness, fashion, and lifestyle!