girl french braids walking friends adventure california open back venice beach
Molly Peach / Her Campus
Style > Beauty

8 New Going-Out Hairstyles to Wear This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Tired of leaving your hair down when it’s time to turn up? These 8 simple hairstyles can spice up any going out look.

1. mini braids

Tight on time? One super quick way to add an extra detail to your hairstyle for the night is to add mini braids into your hair. Pictured here on TikTok star Charli D’Amelio, these braids are so simple yet so cute.

2. High pigtails

Channel your inner Baby Spice with these adorable high pigtails! All you need is two hair ties to take your going-out look to a whole new level of cuteness.

3. space buns

Worn here by actress Malia Baker, space buns are the easiest way to take any look out of this world (ha-ha). Add a cute pair of matching butterfly clips or barrettes to make your outfit really pop.

4. SLEEK BUN

Famously worn by model Kendall Jenner, the sleek bun is a simple yet elegant hairstyle for any occasion. Best part is that you can skip hair wash day!

5. braid pigtails

Getting sweaty when going out? Put your hair up in a braided ponytail to keep you cool while also looking your best.

6. half updo

Y2K is back, and we’re all here for it. Put on your low-rise jeans and throw up your hair into a half updo with the tendrils out for the ultimate 2000s look.

bubble braids

Your classic high ponytail just got a makeover. Separate your pony into 2 sections, wrap them around each other, and secure with an elastic band for the perfect snatched look.

8. twisted ponytail

Lexi Carroll

Holy Cross '26

Lexi is a freshman at Holy Cross who plans to major in Political Science with a concentration on Women's, Gender, and Sexuality studies. When she's not busy studying, you can find her at dance class, hanging out with her besties, or spending an absurd amount of hours on Pinterest.