8 Movies to Watch On Valentine’s Day (or any day…)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

This year, Valentine’s Day has landed on a Saturday…HALLELUJAH! This is great news whether you’re single and fabulous or in ~love~. Thanks to Mother Nature, we are expected to receive even more snow this weekend which can only mean rom coms, chocolate, and slippers. So, grab your bae or bestie and snuggle up to one of these 8 movies. 

1. How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days

If you’re due for a laugh, this is a must watch. This classic chick flick will have you in stitches and wanting to buy a yellow ball gown. Also, how could anyone NOT fall in love with Matthew McConaughey.. 

2. The Notebook

Lol, you’ve definitely seen this but it’s just as good the 564th time as it is the 1st time; I promise. Make sure to grab some tissues and get ready to have your heart broken multiple times by Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams. Oh and P.S, did you know they dated after this movie was made?? I wonder if they watched this movie on their Valentine’s Day date… 

3. A Walk to Remember

Who doesn’t love a little vintage Mandy Moore? Celebrate this starlet in her prime this Valentine’s day. Classic tale of the “popular” guy realizing that ~smart is beautiful~ and falling for his *nerdy* tutor. 

4. He’s Just Not That In To You

Yep, the PERFECT movie for this Galentine’s day. Grab some chocolate, ~festive~ drinks and get ready to learn some life lessons. 

5. Titanic

No one can resist a little young Leo DiCaprio. This is a guaranteed tearjerker and heart-melter. 

6. Love Actually

Even though it’s not Christmas this movie is just downright adorable! So many love stories and laughs. Oh, and the British accents make it all better. 

7. Casablanca

Oldie but goodie! 

8. Valentines Day

It’s impossible to talk about V-Day without mentioning the actual movie Valentines Day. A feel-good rom com with an adorable cast and great soundtrack (Taylor Swift of course)…you definitely can’t go wrong with this one.

You’re sure to enjoy your day with one of these chick-flicks. However, if you’re in the mood for something a little raunchier…. Fifty Shades of Grey is finally on the big screen.