5 Things Every Crusader Can Learn From Kimmy Schmidt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

5 Things Every HC Girl Can Learn from Kimmy Schmidt

By Meghan Kearney and Caroline Randall

If you haven’t already watched Netflix’s hilarious new series The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, created by Tina Fey, here are a few reasons why you should!

1. Kimmy still rocks light-up sketchers

I dont know why light up sketchers ever went out of style, but Kimmy def brings them back with a fashionable twist. Personally, I miss being able to skip and have my shoes change color and i’m pretty thankful that Kimmy’s bringing them back to style. We should all take after Kimmy’s fearless fashionista attitude.

2. She lost in the world but remains an optimist

After being rescued from spending 20-something years being held against her will by her kidnapper, and living underground as a “mole woman” Kimmy is a little confused by societal changes, but she never lost her optimistic childhood attitude, and thats something we should all have more of! She’s UNBREAKABLE, and so are we girls!

3. She knows how to drop the jerk and get the gentleman

After being wooed by a rich british man, Kimmy eventually sees his true colors when she discovers that he is ingenuine. She isn’t afraid to drop this loser and see who is really worthy of her. Despite his lack of social standing and weird name (Dong), Kimmy is able to realize that the guys who genuinely care about and respect her are the ones worth being with, not the guys who let their money do the talking.

4. She is accepting of every type of person

Even though Kimmy isn’t used to the diverse world that is NYC, she is super eager to make all the friends that she can, starting with her roommate, Titus, who is a fierce and sassy man looking to make it in the acting biz. She sees only friendship in everyone and does not bat an eye at any differences they may have. We can all learn from this and be more open to new friendships.

5. Kimmy’s 10 second rule will get you through anything

Kimmy has a solution for everything you might find difficult-and the idea is that anyone can stand 10 seconds of something, no matter how bad, big, or scary. If you take something 10 seconds at a time, whatever you are dealing with won’t seem as bad and everything becomes more manageable.