5 Things to Do if You’re Staying Home this Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Not all of us have plans to escape the bitter cold of Worcester this upcoming Spring Break. If you find yourself stuck at home next week, try these fun ideas to keep you busy and entertained!

1. Visit a friend at their collegeThe bad news about college is that our high school friends do not typically have the same spring break as ours. The good news is that this just gives us the opportunity to visit them! Get a taste for a different college lifestyle by staying at their campus for a night or two. Bonus if they go to a school like the University of Miami and you can take advantage of the warm weather we have been dreaming of for the past three months.

2. Make photo collages for your dormWe’ve obviously all taken tons of pictures at Leit’s and Takara since the beginning of the year, so take this break as a chance to develop some new pics and find a creative new way to arrange them. If you’re stuck on ideas, try putting them on a clothesline with pins or put them all together in one collage and get them laminated at CVS! Your roomie is guaranteed to be super impressed.

3. Spend some hours in the kitchenAfter having to settle for mediocre and mundane meals at Kimball for the past few months, take advantage of this week at home to cook or bake some meals you won’t find here on the Hill. Another option is watching someone else in the house make you a home-cooked meal; after midterms, we deserve it! Your friends will also be very appreciative if you decide to bring a batch of slutty brownies back to school.

4. Catch up on your fav showsMost of us probably did not have the time to diligently keep up with the Bachelor (what happened with Britt?!) or Scandal as we spent long nights in the library. Now that we have a week to do nothing, it is the perfect time to lounge on the couch and catch up on what we missed. Better to get our fill when we have nothing to do at home than when we are at school and simply bored of doing our Calculus problem set!

5. Pay a visit to your high schoolWhile many of us may not want to relive our high school days, it’s always interesting to go back and see what has changed and what has stayed the same. Grab a friend and visit some of your old favorite teachers or the younger girls you were a mentor or peer leader to. Then, go out to lunch at one of the places you and your friends used to go to when you were seniors; maybe you can get a discount if you say you’re alumni?