5 Pros of Having a Sibling on the Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

For such a small school, there seems to be a lot of siblings here on Mount Saint James. Having a sister at Holy Cross myself, I have learned that there are multiple perks of having a family member as a fellow crusader.

1.     When her closet becomes an extension of yours

There is nothing better than trading outfits with my sister when we both have “absolutely nothing to wear” on any given weekend. However, its all fun and games until she doesn’t return that black top you lent her three Wednesday’s ago… (not like it’s my favorite or anything… everything’s fine…)

2.     Unexpected and exciting reunions all over campus

Whether it be in the line at Coolbeans, off campus on a Saturday night, or on your walk in between classes, it is always nice to run into your sister by accident. So much so, that you obviously have to make a scene in reuniting (even though you probably saw her yesterday)

3.     Having a piece of home at school

When stressful days in class have you missing home, your sibling is the only person who could truly understand just how much you miss your mom’s lasagna, your town’s favorite coffee spot, and your dog. And chances are, she will know exactly how to make you feel better too

4.     Getting the best advice

From which foods are worth standing in the never-ending Kimball line for, to which Coolbeans coffee flavors are the best, to which professors to avoid like the plague, it is extremely helpful to have a completely honest, unfiltered source of information coming from someone who knows you the best

5.     Having your best friend at school with you

If you are as lucky as I am, going to the same school as your sister means going to the same school as your best friend. Although I will only overlap with my sister for one year at Holy Cross, I am excited to make the most out of the rest of the time I have here on campus with my very best friend!

If there's anything I've mastered in this life, it's a successful hair flip.