5 Cute Gifts To Get Your Best Friend (But Also Affordable For The On-A-Budget Collegiate)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

1.    Something to decorate their dorm – A lot of college décor can actually be DIY fun! Find out her favorite colors, her favorite saying, or something she just loves and work from there… Wall art is really popular, so a canvas handcrafted to fit her style perfectly will be both loved and appreciated!

2.    Photo Album or Picture Frame – We first moved in with pictures of things to remind us of home which is wonderful! But we’ve since made lots of awesome new friends and memories, so an album filled with your favorite times together is the perfect gift! Or take your favorite snapshot and in either a DIY frame or a cute one you pick up from the store and there ya go! The perfect gift to let her know how much your friendship means to her!

3.    Something Inspirational – we all have tough weeks, and sometimes all you need is a little luck or positivity! Whether it’s a cute beaded bracelet that comes with a motivational note, or token to remind her you’re always there, she’ll be thankful when she looks at it and thinks of you

4.    A school Spirit Stuffed Animal – awesome for when you’re feeling blue, a stuffed animal is sure to help cheer her up, and if it represents her college, it’ll be the perfect fit!

5.    A “Gift” Basket – popular in Yankee Swaps, the gift basket is affordable and really shows you care – fill it with her favorite things! Some good ideas are: her fave candy to snack on, a soft blanket to snuggle up in (in her favorite color, of course), a small frame with a picture of you two, cute mini hand sanitizers or lotions in the scents she likes, nail polish, or anything that you see and immediately think “Wow, this is so HER”… There’s no way to go wrong with a gift basket, you know she loves everything in it, and showing her you know all her favorite things will be sure to make her smile, too!

Sophomore and History and English double major at the College of the Holy Cross