3 Ways to Stay Motivated During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Finals week is notorious among college students. Here are three easy ways to keep you motivated during your long study sessions.

Make a Killer Study Playlist

Put together a playlist of all your favorite songs to help you look forward to studying and keep your energy up during difficult sessions. If you’re like me and can’t listen to music while studying, then try putting on your favorite movie score or some classical music. The “Titanic” score has gotten me through many late night writing sessions in the library.

Make a Schedule

Finals week can feel very overwhelming, especially if you have to juggle two exams the same day. Plan out a study schedule for the week before in order to make sure you devote enough time to each class. Don’t forget to schedule some breaks, too!

Find a Study Partner

Reach out to some of your classmates and form a study group. I love to connect with classmates when studying for a test because they’ll offer different perspectives on the material and study tips.

Just remember that finals aren’t the end-all be-all, even if they feel like it at the time. Good luck! You’ve got this!

Bridget is a Senior English major at Holy Cross. She likes books, yoga, Taylor Swift, feta cheese, and reality TV. When she grows up, she wants to be Miss Havisham or Jia Tolentino.