What Not to Miss This Week…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hollins chapter.

With the semester rapidly coming to a close, Hollins women are feverishly completing last-minute assignments, projects, and preparing for final exams. Finals week brings with it a slew of all-nighters and stress. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t take a break to enjoy some of the final hurrahs going on this week at Hollins. I have carefully narrowed down the top five events happening this week on campus that you simply cannot miss!

1) May 8th marks the start of the 2012 Senior Majors Exhibition in the Eleanor D. Wilson Museum. These exhibitions feature work from all seniors majoring in Studio Art. The exhibit will be up until graduation on May 20th, so be sure to swing by and see each Hollins women’s masterpiece.
2) If you love literature, come by the Literary Lounge at Studio Roanoke on Sunday, May 6th. Professors David Huddle and T.J. Anderson will be reading from eight to ten pm. Professor Huddle will be leaving the Hollins community at the end of the semester,
 this event is undoubtedly a must-do for the end of the year!
3) Meredith Levy’s Senior Thesis Production, “Decision Height” will be featured in the Upstairs Studio Theatre May 9th-12th at 7:30 pm. Levy’s honors thesis is an original historical drama that details the lives of six women training to become members of the Women Airforce Service Pilots during World War II. Don’t miss this brilliant, original and free production!
4) Film lovers gather round on May 9th at seven pm for the Student Short Film Screening Night. This beloved end-of-semester tradition showcases original productions by students in the film production class. In addition to viewing wonderful original films by our Hollins sisters, free popcorn and drinks will be provided. Make sure to stop by the Frances Niederer Auditorium in the VAC to see the cinematic magic happen!
5) Finally, don’t miss Pancake Breakfast in Moody on May 9th from nine to eleven pm. A finals week favorite, Pancake Breakfast is a great study break and de-stressor. What better way to prepare for an all-nighter than a quick study break with good friends, a cold glass of milk, and a warm stack of pancakes? Pancake Breakfast only happens once a semester, so make sure to stop by!

Amber is a recent graduate from Hollins University. She greatly enjoyed her time as HC Hollins Editor-In-Chief and looks forward to seeing what great things new students bring to the branch.