Trudy Siziba ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hollins chapter.

What is your full name? My name is Gertrude Ratidzo Siziba.

What is your hometown? I am from Harare, Zimbabwe.

What is your major? I am a Double major in Business Finance and Economics.

Who is your celebrity crush? In my view, my boyfriend is a celebrity because he managed to catch my eye and sweep me off my feet so he is definitely my number one crush Seriously though, there are way too many of them, but we will go with Matthew Donnally for the time being.

I know you technically graduated last semester but stayed at Hollins to work on your Honors Thesis. That’s so cool! What is your Thesis about? My thesis is looking at the relationship between financial development and economic growth in developing countries that are politically unstable.

After applying to grad school, do you have any suggestions for other Hollins women wishing to pursue education after college? My main advice would be know what you want to do/what program you want to study, decide where you want to spend the next few years of your life, and get started on the application process early because it will make the difference between a stressful senior year, and an EXTREMELY stressful senior year.

What activities are you involved in on campus? On campus I am pretty much involved in whatever I get drafted to do since there is always so much going on around campus. Amongst some of the things I have been involved with, I was an ISOP peer mentor as well as an SSL, but my big thing has been the tennis team. I am also a member of ADA!

Amber is a recent graduate from Hollins University. She greatly enjoyed her time as HC Hollins Editor-In-Chief and looks forward to seeing what great things new students bring to the branch.