This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hollins chapter.

With two months under their belts, and their first J-term just around the corner, the class of 2017 is settling into life at Hollins—bringing their own unique personalities to the table, as well as their personal styles. 

Hallie Goldberg goes for a 40s inspired look—a nice change from the nursing garb she’s had to wear in the production of Mitzi’s Abortion these past two weekends.  She pairs a shirt from Nordstrom Rack with pants from Goodwill and shoes from TJ Maxx.  She tops off the look with her signature Ray Ban glasses. 

Alyx Pelkey mixes cowgirl elements with more feminine pieces to create a style that’s both casual and put-together.  She wears a shirt and cardigan from Express, jeans from American Eagle, and authentic Texan cowboy boots.  An assortment of jewelry adds a bit of sparkle to the look, and a green scarf pops against the mostly neutral-toned outfit.

Dealing with the cooling temperatures, Virginia Lash is able to stay cute and casual in a jewel colored top from Nordstrom Rack paired with comfortable Buffalo Exchange leggings.  She makes the look autumn-seasonal with boots and an infinity from South Moon Under.  A messy ponytail completes the laid-back look.

Taylor is a first-year student at Hollins University hoping to major in English/Creative Writing with a minor in Film. She is a Pisces with a love for poetry, French films, and all things pink.