Where You Should Go On Cinco De Mayo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

With final exams, papers, and projects about to crash on most students on campus, Cinco de Mayo is the last chance to get away from it all and sail away to “Margarita Ville,” for this weekend’s holiday. We are all college students, which means you want to find the best bang for your buck at the most hopping spots. Here are the best places to check out for your budget!

Cozymel’s Mexican Grill: Westbury, NY
If you haven’t already experienced Cozymel’s for their legendary happy hour, then there is no better time to go than on Cinco de Mayo. Cozymel’s has an indoor and outdoor party happening all day and all night. There is live music—usually a band, great Mexican food and most importantly drink specials! Last year, there was a barbeque outside with Mexican food, a pig roast, music and all the chips and salsa you could eat! Sit inside for a more relaxing party and enjoy their incredible margaritas or join the party outside, either way you can’t go wrong!

Cabo: Rockville Centre, NY

Rockville Centre is always a party on the weekends, so if you’re headed there for Cinco de Mayo, I would highly suggest going to Cabo for a huge party scene. There is loud music, spinning by the DJ, and more margarita flavors than you can imagine. Cabo has two huge bars, so you will never have to wait for your drink, unless of course you can’t decide between the 20+ flavors of margaritas, served frozen or on the rocks. Great nighttime party, the tables are removed from the dining room for a dance floor, great lighting effects and open until 3am, if you make it out that late.

McHebes Bar: Hempstead, NY
Well if you haven’t already been invited by promoters on Facebook, our very own McHebes Bar right across from campus, will be partying all day and night as usual at their annual “Cinco de Drinko” party. This party is more for the under 21 crowd since the party is 18+ but as always, promises to be an absurd scene with their outdoor festival starting at 2pm. Patrons will even get McHebes collector cups to keep as memorabilia, at least you will remember something!

So don’t be left out this weekend and make sure to celebrate Cinco de Mayo the right way by checking out one of these spots for your party!

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!