This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Once again, it’s finals week. Campus is quiet, dorm lights are on, coffee is being poured, and the library has never been so full. Finals week is a time when you, luckily, don’t have to carry your textbooks around– unless you’re on that #cramming grind – but it does require a whole different set of materials to get you through those two to four full hours a day of being on South Campus, meaning you need to be stocked up in case of anything. Here’s a quick list of everything you should have in your backpack for finals week. We thought about it so you don’t have to.

Pens, Pencils, Etc.

This one should be obvious, but triple check your pencil case to make sure you’re carrying at least two fully-loaded pens and two sharpened pencils. Whether or not you prefer pens or pencils, be sure to bring both so you don’t get stuck with just one when your professor prefers the other. No one likes *that person* that has to borrow, especially not on test day.

Your Planner (or at least calendar app reminders)

Your planner is your best friend during finals week because it is so hard to remember when your finals are, especially if you have more than one per day. Write your schedule down way ahead of time so you know where you need to be at what time, and bring your schedule with you so you don’t miss a beat. This way, you won’t have to try to remember to be in your desk by 10:25 while also trying to memorize voting theory. 

Snacks on snacks on snacks on…

Keep your brain fueled and your stomach full by packing nutritious snacks in your backpack. Be sure to place your snack bag open and on top of your backpack before the test so you can reach in if you get the mid-final munchies! 

Period Needs for that Time-of-the-Month

There is nothing worse than getting caught mid-test with that sudden cramp in your lower abdomen and the familiar feeling of knowing you need to get to the bathroom. Definitely be sure you’re prepared and ready to tackle the challenge by being stocked with pads, tampons, or whatever you use to stay fresh. 

Headphones 

That familiar walk to the classroom can be extra-stressful on test day, so prep yourself with some pump-up jams while you’re walking across campus. Remember, you got this. Stay positive.

Water Bottle

We like to be green here at Her Campus Hofstra, so pack your reusable water bottle so you can minimize your chances of having to get up from the test. We all know that awkward walk of shame out of the classroom.

Deodorant 

That stress sweat can be so real. Be prepared and pack a travel-size deodorant so you can stay fresh and cool, even through the essay section.

A Mantra 

Good vibes get you good grades, so give yourself a positive pep-talk before, during, and after the test. Pick one phrase that makes you feel the most empowered, and let it run you through the week because #yougotthis.

From all of us at HC Hofstra, stay calm and stay cool this week. You have the knowledge, intelligence, and power to tackle every challenge you face. Now go out and ACE those finals! 

Madison Mento is a senior at Hofstra University and is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Spanish and Photography. She is a writer, artist, activist, and avid ginger. She likes her coffee iced, her pizza hot, and anything to do with beauty. She is currently the Co-President of Her Campus Hofstra and loves the organization!