The Week Ahead: Spring Break Edition!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s finally here my friends! Spring break is upon us and we have a whole week to do whatever WE want. Not sure how to spend all that time? Here are some suggestions!

Relax: The beauty of spring break is that we DON’T have to do anything! Take this time to relax at home and bask in the glory of being bored. Read a book or start a new TV series, do something that you’ve been dying to do at school and now have the chance to.

Treat yourself: You’ve worked hard this semester, why not celebrate your hard work by getting a massage or getting your nails done? Indulge yourself and get refreshed for spring by getting a new haircut or style. Sometimes a shopping trip and an hour at the spa is all you need!

Volunteer: Spring break is a great time to get involved and give back to your community or an organization you’re passionate about. There are so many opportunities to do volunteer work during spring break, check them out and do something nice for someone else this vacation. You’ll have fun doing it and feel good after!

Plan a crafting/cooking day: Put your Pinterest boards to use! Plan a day to make something cute for your dorm, or try out a new recipe you’ve been dying to make. This is the ideal day for all you Pinterest fanatics!

Plan a fun day trip! So you’re not spending the week in Cancun…but that doesn’t mean you can’t go somewhere nearby and have a good time! Look up fun tourist activities in your area…maybe go to the mountains or city for a day. You’ve been on campus all semester, you deserve a fun getaway!

Have a fabulous spring break! 

Keegan Bedinger is the new Week Ahead Section Editor. She is a sophomore studying journalism and psychology. Keegan is also a staff member at WRHU and a member of She’s the First on campus. She is very passionate about the field of journalism, Katy Perry and her dog! She’s thrilled to be joining Hofstra’s Her Campus team!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!