Tune-In Tuesday: Last Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Before Christmas arrives on Friday, I thought I’d share with you another one of my favorite songs for the holidays. “Last Christmas,” by Wham (or any cover, really) is a song that I will listen to as many times as I can before Christmas is over.

It sounds like a depressing song that turns into a sassy ending, if you truly think about it. Just think; you’re in love with a person one Christmas, that person leaves you. However, you diss that person who hurt you by saying, someone “special” will be taking your heart next year. But there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that; you live and you learn.

I really like this song. Christmas is about sharing it with loved ones and being with who you care about. What happens if you get hurt? You move on and continue to be happy.

But aside from the meaning behind this song (because that person may fool you again, anyway), I like all the versions of this song. Each version has their own spin on it, but each keep the same meaning and same background of the song. For example, Glee had a great version of the song. I listen to it often, since I have their Christmas album anyway.

I just think the song, in general, is super catchy and a song to sing along to. I recommend this classic at least once before Christmas is over. I hope everyone has a happy holiday and Merry Christmas. May you spend it with all your loved ones this year!

Hi everyone! I'm 21 years old, studying Journalism with minors in Creative Writing and Marketing. Her Campus has given me place to write what I want, and I' so glad to share these articles with you!
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.