burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Thoughts I Had During New York Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

I can pretend to know what exactly New York Fashion Week entails, but honestly, I doubt Rachel Zoe or Kanye West even have a clue. The twitter accounts, the hashtags, and all the famous Instagram accounts are my way of being connected, and though this is a small portion of coverage, the most bizarre, obscure things are the ones that end up being discussed.

Do all my friends back home expect me to dress like this??

I’m from a small town in Maryland; so going to school in New York blew their mind. Now they all think I’m in the Upper East Side and go to brunch regularly while wearing whatever they see during NYFW when I’m really just renting a car to go to Roosevelt Field Mall or walking home from Meadowbrook while wearing jeans and a button up. So disappointing.

*Googles how to pronounce Givenchy*

I want to like this I really do but WTF.

I know these looks are considered “couture,” but looking at them makes me uncomfortable.

Wait, I could totally pull that off.

Finally, I’ve found something that would look good on my 5’ 3” self (but it’s so expensive I probably wouldn’t even leave my dorm in it).

Is Alexander Wang related to Vera Wang?…

But seriously, is he.

#ittybittytittycommittee

Sometimes I feel self-conscious about my A-cups, but then I look at Kendall Jenner and feel that much closer to ever being a super model (lol jk).

Coach is still a thing?

How does she go to the bathroom in that?

How does she even see where she’s going???

HEART EYES EMOJI

After all the weirdness I’ve seen on Twitter, NYFW is glamorous and chic and innovative and though I’ll never understand it, I have a total appreciation for this one week over the other 51.

Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.