Thirsty Thursday: How Hofstra Girls Prep for A Night Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

If you’re a Hofstra female, you know there’s nothing better than a good Thursday night. Whether there’s a frat party on Meadowbrook you and your girls got invited to or you’re planning on spending the night at McHebes, there’s always something for you to do.

But, with all of these great nightlife options, getting ready can sometimes be a struggle. A ton of prep work is involved—hair, makeup, choosing an adorable outfit and so much more. So, to help the rest of the Hofstra community understand, I’ve compiled a quick list of what goes into a Hofstra girl’s typical Thursday night out:

1. Preparation:
By 8 PM we’re already showering, shaving, primping and prepping.

2. Having to find the perfect outfit:
The best outfits for a Thursday night around Hofstra are always a little mix of classy and trashy.

3. Attempting to put on your *real* face…
Foundation—check! Eyeliner—check! Looking like an overdone beauty queen? Pass.

4. Let’s not forget the hair!
Because, really, who has time for anything super sophisticated?

5. Inviting your girls over always goes something like this:
It’s not like you just saw them in your 12:45 PM basic communications class…

6. #Pregaming
The gif says it all.

7. No one can stop you from cranking up the music in your dorm room!
You know, unless your RA gets pissed and calls Public Safety.

8. Making sure everyone looks great before heading out the door…
Because everyone needs a little confidence boost before they go out, duh.

9. And, finally, being able to leave campus knowing you might not remember the *totally epic* night you’re about to have.
Hey, at least you’re not alone!

Just a college girl with a love of all animals, delicious food and *super* sappy love stories. You can probably find me in bed binge-watching crime shows on Netflix with a tub of Ben & Jerry's on hand. Phish Food, of course!HCHofstra Social Media Editor (Twitter) and Contributing Writer. Web Intern at Cosmopolitan.com, prev. Web and Features Intern at Marie Claire and The Fashion Foot.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.