Phil Steinberg 17′

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Phil Steinberg

Graduating: 2017

Hometown: Great Neck, New York

Major: Management 

1. What made you want to join a fraternity?

When I first came to Hofstra I didn’t know anybody, and I wanted to get involved on campus, but I couldn’t find something to get involved in right away. AEPI found me. I didn’t know much about them, but they are a Jewish fraternity and it interested me. They introduced me to friends and connections.

2. What do you love about being in a fraternity?

Having a group of friends I can always rely on. The events and mixers help meet more people and network.

3. How do you have time commuting, working, going to class, and being in a fraternity?

I learned time management while I was pledging because pledging took up most of my time. They kind of taught us how to time manage, so I follow that now. I don’t take too long to get work done and we don’t have events every week so it’s really not that bad.

4. Where do you see yourself in five years?

I see myself as a successful real estate investor living on Long Island. I see myself married with a couple kids, still in touch with all my friends and family.

5. What motivates you?

Seeing other people living with not a lot of resources and struggling financially. I don’t want to be like that or working a terrible job. It motivates me to do better.

Dena is a Journalism major with a Psychology minor at Hofstra University. She has a passion for writing and all things that sparkle. You can find her reorganizing her room for the umpteenth time, crafting, making montages of her cats, and finishing a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Her unhealthy shopping addiction and love/hate relationship with Pinterest keep life interesting. Follow her on twitter @denarachel
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.