This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Some of us love to rock a fresh face daily, but every once in a while it’s nice to put on makeup for special occasions or just for the plain fun. If you’re one to prefer a fresh face, you probably hate the feeling of makeup caked on your face. If this is the case for you, here is a lightweight and natural makeup look that won’t make you feel liked you’re being suffocated under a heavy layer of product!

Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional: Matte Rescue Invisible Finish Mattifying Gel, $10 (mini)

Starting with a lightweight base that can be worn on its own, this product is a pro move for those of us who hate wearing foundation and concealer. This gel has no pigment and gives your face a smooth matte finish while letting your face breathe. Makeup hack: buy the mini size. It will last a long time considering you don’t wear makeup regularly. Find it here!

E.L.F. Cosmetics High Definition Powder, $6

This powder is translucent so it has no color and creates a “soft focus” on your face when applied. Put it on over your primer to give your face a more finished look and to help keep oil from penetrating through. This product also allows for your natural features to shine through, like freckles. Find it here!

NYX High Definition Blush, $6.50

Adding a minimal amount of blush will help bring some natural pigment to your face without being overpowering. A common mistake with light makeup is looking washed out from a lack of color so adding a small amount of blush will help avoid this. NYX High Definition Blush has no shimmer to it so it comes across more subtle. Find it here!

Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette, $29

Neutral matte tones are your best bet when trying to accomplish a natural makeup look. Using soft browns on your lids will enhance your eyes in a nice way that doesn’t jump out at you. These shadows are extremely soft and bendable so the palette is pretty much foolproof! Find it here!

Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara, $12 (mini)

This lightweight mascara will make your lashes look delicate and whispy with just a few coats. Like the name says, it will both curl and lift your lashes, making them look light enough that you can fly away with just the bat of an eye. Don’t worry, it won’t look like you have thick false lashes on. This mascara leaves absolutely NO clumps. Find it here!

E.L.F. Cosmetics Beautifully Bare Sheer Tint Eyebrow Gel, $5

Lockdown your brows with this gel that comes in four shades, including clear. The thin applicator allows you to shape your brows with precise lines and dries nicely, giving you a sharp and clean look. Find it here!

NYX Makeup Setting Spray Matte, $8

Finish off your face with one of the best setting sprays out there! This spray will hold down your makeup through thick and thin and leave you without any shine on your oily spots. Spritz it on at the end of your routine and you’re ready to conquer your day (or night). Find it here! 

E.L.F. Cosmetics Lip Kiss Balm Trio, $5

Last but not least we have lips. If you like wearing tinted balm for a lightweight and moisturizing feeling, pick up this trio. These balms are perfect for sticking to a natural look and will feel amazing on your lips. Find it here!

E.L.F. Cosmetics Beautifully Bare Satin Lipstick, $5

If you’re more in the mood for wearing lipstick, this one comes in four natural shades so you can find the perfect match for your subdued look. This product is also moisturizing and will not leave your lips feeling dried out. Find it here!

The next time you have to wear makeup, you won’t have to endure a day feel like you’re being smothered by products. When you’re ready to take this look off at the end of the day, it will wash away easily since it is so lightweight. This makeup will showcase your natural beauty while not making you feel uncomfortable so give it a try next time you’re headed to class or an interview!

Gia Tims

Hofstra '20

Gia is a double major in journalism and Italian at Hofstra University. She is obsessed with yoga, pugs, Friends and Target runs. Gia loves writing and hopes to live in NYC one day to fulfill her dream of becoming a journalist! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @giatims