Look Fabulous In Your “Man’s Wear”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Your guy dresses nice, and sometimes those flannel shirts and hoodies of his look so comfortable. These simple ideas will show you how to wear your man’s clothes, and look chic doing it.

1. Mix Different Prints: The easiest thing to steal from his closet are his flannels or dress shirts; they make the perfect tunic. Cuff the sleeves; add leggings and a stylish belt and you’ve got a comfy and cute outfit. For an extra chic look try pairing a pinstripe shirt with floral leggings, the two prints mix well.
Leggings: Gap, $14.95 
Belt: Forever 21, $4.50 

2. Revamp a Tee: We all know we’re envious that guys can look so hot in just a t-shirt and jeans. But we take his tee and make it super adorable by adding a couple pieces. Pair his tee with a funky vest and statement jewelry to create a laid back style, perfect for going to class.
Vest: Aeropostale, $ 34.75 
Necklace: Forever 21, $8.80 

3. Take his Belt: Does your guy have a belt with a cool buckle? Borrow it! Throw the belt on over a flowing dress, or loose tee. Try to keep the clothes simple and let the belt buckle speak for itself.
Maxi Dress: Forever 21, $29.80 

4. Borrow his Pullover: Guys’ hoodies are so warm and cuddly, but they can be hard to wear without looking lost in the bulk and fabric. Grab your boyfriend’s zip up hoodie, since they tend to be less bulky than the pullovers. Then pair it with a fancy tank and a cute skirt. The casual vibe of the sweatshirt will tone down the tank and skirt for a casual but chic look.
Skirt: Charlotte Russe, $26.99 
Tank: Forever 21, $14.50

And don’t forget to be creative! With the right accessories you can make almost any piece in your guy’s closet a fashion trend.

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!