7 Incredibly Easy Desserts to impress your Friends this Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Thanksgiving is about spending time with those we love over a festive dinner; however, no Turkey Day dinner is complete without some tasty fall treats. With all of our busy schedules (especially during the holidays), it is nice to have a dessert recipe that does not require hours in the kitchen. Whether you are hosting a family Thanksgiving or need an epic dessert for your Friendsgiving feast, dig into this list of quick and easy desserts to make this third Thursday of November. 

1. pumpkin roll

The Pumpkin Roll is a classic and delicious pumpkin dessert to break out this Thanksgiving. Unlike pumpkin pie, its swirled presentation is seriously show-stopping and unforgettable. This recipe has a spiced pumpkin flavor with a tasty cream cheese filling.

2. Apple Crisp

The Apple Crisp is a delicious fall dessert paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. This savory-sweet dessert takes half the time (and the effort) to make a traditional apple pie. Grab your Granny Smith apples and attempt this mouthwatering fall classic.

3. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are another delicious pumpkin recipe to try this holiday season. These can be great desserts. Alternatively, this recipe would make a tremendously delicious addition if you are looking for ideas for Thanksgiving breakfast. If you are a Cinnabon lover, you should put this recipe on your baking list.

4. Banana Pudding

No matter what season it is, Banana Pudding is a great dessert all year round and is a no-bake recipe. If you are a lover of quick and easy no-bake recipes, this is the one for you. This dessert consists of rich and creamy pudding layered with sliced bananas and tasty vanilla wafers. Do you want to avoid turning on the oven this Thanksgiving? Then this is the perfect treat for you.

5. Cupcakes

Cupcakes are a great alternative to add to the dessert table this Thanksgiving. Try making the pie counterparts like the pumpkin spice cupcake or apple pie stuffed cupcakes. Sometimes pumpkin pie can get a little old year after year, if you are looking for something nontraditional to bring to the table, there are many nonseasonal flavors of cupcakes that are great for any occasion.

Red Velvet Cupcakes
Alex Frank / Spoon

6. Charlie Brown Chocolate Bark

Are you planning on watching “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” this holiday season? Try pairing it with this chocolate bark inspired by the fantastic holiday film. If you’re looking for a last-minute holiday recipe to bring to your Friendsgiving party, this is the ideal recipe. This chocolate bark is not only super easy to make, it is also full of tasty ingredients. Make this delicious treat and partake in The Peanuts crew’s Turkey Day fun.

7. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Are you a lover of chocolate chip cookies and all things pumpkin? Try this fall dessert by adding pumpkin spice flavor to some sweet chocolate chips with Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. These irresistible cookies are a treat that everyone can enjoy and cannot resist.

So if you are tasked with bringing a tasty dessert to this Thanksgiving meal, don’t panic! Just pull out the recipe for one of these quick and easy dishes and watch your friends and family be impressed.

Makayla Bryan

Hofstra '25

Makayla is a Public Relations major at Hofstra University. She spends her time listening to music, reading comic books, and shopping.