This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Summer has officially been named festival season! The hottest music festivals are set to take place this summer including Electric Daisy Carnival, Bonnaroo, Firefly Music Festival, Lollapalooza, and my personal favorite, Warped Tour. My biggest struggle every year is trying to figure out what to wear. You want to look good, yet you don’t want to die in the summer heat. This is my guide to your music festival style.

For festivals like Electric Daisy Carnival: Rave Style

Usually you see girls going to these carnivals, or raves, wearing as little as they possibly can. That’s not typically my advice. Start off with bright colors. Make yourself stand out. I’ve seen a lot of DIY outfits, taking fake daises and other types of flowers and attaching them to headbands, glasses, bras, and shorts. I personally think those look really cute, plus they’re unique and not too costly. As for shoes, close toed is the best way to go. Shoes like Vans and Converse look really good. If you’re feeling adventurous, you might even want to grab a pair of “fluffies”. I don’t recommend spending a ton of money on an outfit for a festival like this because there is a chance it could be destroyed.

For festivals like Bonnaroo, Firefly, and Lollapalooza: Boho Chic

For festivals like these, people dress very differently than they would for raves like EDC. For this type of festival you really want to wear a cute maxi skirt, or high-wasted shorts with a simple crop top. The style is very bohemian. Gladiator sandals compliment these outfits nicely. These kinds of festivals are a little more laid back, and it’s a different variety of artists.

For festivals like Warped Tour: Rocker

Throw on your favorite band tee, a pair of shorts, and some vans and you’re ready to go. Remember, you’re going to be out in the heat from early in the morning to late in the afternoon, jumping around in huge crowds of sweaty people. This definitely is not the place where you dress to impress. Avoid dark colors and heavy clothing. On your feet, choose close-toed shoes! Combat boots or vans look best.

Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum. 
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!