Hofstra Vagina Monologues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.
If one thing can be said about this years production of Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues here at Hofstra, it is that it was $10 well spent. Not only did the actresses give tremendous performances that left me laughing and crying, but the proceeds of the show went The Nassau Coalition Against Domestic Violenceand Women of Haiti. What better way to spend a Saturday evening than hearing about vaginas? 

The show was raw and powerful and every actress delivered monologues beautifully. The performances fell nothing short of my expectations and it left me with a better understanding of what vaginas mean to women all over the world and perhaps to myself. 
1. Carissa McKee and Jessica Covington perform “My Angry Vagina”
2. Michelle Emile performs “The Little Coochi Snorcher That Could”
3. Jeridith Ann MacRebel performs “Reclaiming Cunt”
4. Etana Jacobi performs “The Women Who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy”
5. The cast of the Vagina Monologues 
6. Gabreille Vazquez performs “2012 Spotlight Monologue”
Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!