Halloweekend at Hofstra

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hofstra went all out in honor of the spookiest time of the year!

To celebrate the spirit of Halloween, many of Hofstra’s clubs & organizations held several events & festivities in honor of the spookiest time of the year. 

hofstra halloween events

Kicking off the festivities with the Drag-O-Lantern Runway. A competition where contestants are split up into teams and must doll up their pumpkin. The team with the best pumpkin won a sweet treat. 

Hofstra’s annual RHA Halloween Carnival took place. Many clubs and organizations came together to celebrate Halloween. With live performances, contests, activities and plenty of spooky treats. 

The Lawrence Herbert School of Comms & Animate Hofstra collaborated to host a showing of the Scary Godmother and Coraline. Both staples of animated childhood Halloween movies. In addition, Emily and Jerry Spiegel Theater had two showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Everyone loves to go decorate pumpkins, go pumpkin picking, and indulge in candy while the vibes and excitement for Halloween are high. The Office of Student Leadership & Engagement (OSLE) brought it all to Hofstra with a pumpkin patch in Pride Park. It featured pumpkins, fall treats & candy, photos and so much more. 

Hofstra’s Writing Center held a Halloween party with yummy food, fun, and frights.

The Knitting & Crochet club hosted a Halloween themed session for all skill levels. They created ghost plushies, autumn leaves, pumpkins and more!

Suffolk RA staff hosted “Halloween Havoc” where all students could join for apple bobbing, a tee-peeing contest, pumpkin painting, and an array of spooky treats. 

From pumpkin patches, to costume contests, photo booths, spooky movies, and sweet treats. There was something for each ghoul this Halloween season during Hofstra Halloweekend. 

popular hofstra halloween costumes

barbie movie behind the scenes 0010?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

From Barbies and Kens – there were many staple costumes roaming the streets this weekend. 

Batman and Robin, The Joker and Harley Quinn, Starfire and Raven were all popular duo costumes this year.

Other trendy outfits were “Kiss, Marry, Kill” inspired by the childhood game. Where you pick three people and have to do decide who to kiss, marry, and kill. Three girls would pick one of the options and dress up as one.

There were many fairies from Pixie Hollow flying around this weekend. A popular and adorable group costume was Tinkerbell and her fairy friends.

Another fictional character group scurrying around was Alvin and the Chipmunks. Along with their counterparts, the Chipettes.

Overall there were plenty of scares, excitement, and fun this past Halloweekend at Hofstra University. No matter who you dress up as or what you decide to do on Halloween, remember to be safe.

Anastasia is a freshman at Hofstra University studying Journalism. She's from Orange County, New York. Anastasia loves cars, fashion, and writing.