This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Age:20
Class standing: Junior
Major: Mass Media Studies
Minor:Journalism 
Hometown: Lawrenceville, NJ
Why did you choose your major? I literally declared my major spring of sophomore year. And by I, I mean my friend, because she is also my advisor. I’ve always considered myself a social media virtuoso and I’ve always enjoyed the communication field, so I guess it’s a good match for me.
How are you involved on campus? I enjoy making a spectacle of myself on campus. Slight debauchery. 
What is your dream job? My dream job involves writing and working in the music industry. Hopefully I’ll have the ability to exercise my creative juices and change the world one rhinestone at a time. 
How would you describe your style? My style is an amalgamation of punk rock, NYC 1977 rock n’ roll, and a little pinch of glamour. I like to mix a lot of styles up, mostly trying to re-interpret my idols. 
What are your hobbies? My hobbies include writing, listening to music, making people feel beautiful, and, of course, Happy Hour. :)

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!