Friday Favorites: 10.7.11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Recipe: Gooey Butter Cookies. These are a Missouri specialty (I’m from St. Louis). My boyfriend’s mom sent me a box of these in the mail this week and they were gone within just a few days. They are very easy to make and they are probably one of the best desserts you will ever taste! Click HERE for the recipe! 

Favorite Accessory: Floral Lace Tights. These tights can add character to any outfit! Get yourself a pair for only $7 at Forever 21. 

Favorite Hairstyle:

Loose Curls. I think I have curled my hair a total of four times this past week… I guess you could say that I am extremely fond of this hair trend!

Favorite On-Campus Activity: Zumba. It’s a fun and energizing way to get your work out in for the day! Try Zumba with Leah on Mondays from 6:30-7:30pm, Wednesdays from 7-8pm, or on Thursdays from 8-9pm in the Fitness Center. Sign-ups begin 30 minutes prior to each class.

Favorite Celebrity Outfit: Olivia Palermo (via outfitidentifier.com)
Shirt: Mango. Pants: Daryl K. Shows: Charlotte Olympia. 

Favorite Quote: “Dress for yourself and the man you love. Women dressing to impress other women – forget about that. It’s a very bad way of thinking.” – Karl Lagerfield

Favorite Movie: Friends with Benefits. Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake’s amazing chemistry makes this romantic comedy a must-see. This movie also takes place in NYC, which is a huge plus! The movie is showing in the Student Center Theater on October 22nd/23rd, so grab your girlfriends and your popcorn and prepare yourself for a great time! 

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!