The First “Dress to Impress” Event: sponsored by JC Penney and The Career Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The Career Center of Hofstra University and JC Penney are teaming up to put on the first “Dress to Impress” event, a night where Hofstra students can purchase professional and business casual attire at a discount of 40 percent (with their valid Hofstra ID). Yes, ALL professional clothing and shoes will be at a 40 percent discount, we’re not kidding. This is a really good deal for students to take advantage of, especially if you’re someone who’s on a budget. Senior Associate Director of the Career Center, Elizabeth Sposato, expressed that she thinks a lot of students have a difficult time finding reasonably priced clothes to wear for interviews and other professional events, so this event will be very useful for students that are in the market for cheap, professional clothing pieces. “I thought the stuff was really cute and really reasonably priced… you can get a shirts or tops for well under $40 and it’s a good way to diversify your wardrobe,” Sposato explained. 

The event will have some other amenities besides the impressive discount. Sephora will be open and giving free mini-makeovers, and the salon in JC Penney will be doing some small giveaways (free hair products…hello!) They’ll also be providing snacks and professional fittings for anyone who needs assistance during their shopping experience. Attending this event is definitely in your best interest if you’re in the market for some new, professional clothes at unbeatable prices. Be sure to come out; you never know what you might find (or win!)

A post shared by Ann Taylor (@anntaylor) on

When: Sunday, October 7th from 6-9 pm

Where: JC Penney’s in the Roosevelt Field Mall 

Who: Any Hofstra student looking to upgrade their professional wardrobe

What to bring: Hofstra ID 

Madeline is a journalism major at Hofstra University, and is a writer for HC Hofstra. If you're looking for her, you can probably find her at an Anthropologie, the beach, or eating peanut butter out of the jar.