Fashion Challenge: Knee Socks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

I love this time of the year.  Halloween decorations are going up, Pumpkin Spice lattes are back, leaves start changing colors and the air is crisp.  It’s cool enough outside to finally break out your fall clothes from the storage boxes they have been stuck in all year. One fall trend I am psyched about is knee socks. I used to think the only person who could pull them off was Cher Horowitz, from Clueless, but lately knee socks seem to coming back on the scene. Knee socks are a nice break from jeans or tights, and give your outfit a cute touch.
Ideas:

Try branching out with different patterns and textures. Argyle socks have an eye catching pattern and give a great collegiate feel to your outfit.

Knee socks make a perfect pair with booties, or oxford shoes. If you’re feeling particularly stylish try them with some heels or platform wedges.

Change the style to your favorite sweater dress by pairing them up with some knee socks. Try adding them to a pair of old jean shorts you thought you wouldn’t see till next summer. See how some of your favorite stars have taken on this trend.

My challenge for you this week is to try and find a way to work knee socks into your daily ensemble. Don’t just wear them under your jeans, but try and find a way to show them off. In the words of Cher, you’ll look like a total “Betty.”

Fashion Challenge is a weekly style blog created by Victoria Powers that dares you to release your inner fashionista. 

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!