This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Captions can be so difficult to come up with, especially when you’re trying to match the mood of a photo or the time of year in which you’re posting. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with caption ideas for all sorts of ‘gram-worthy’ pics whether they’re of you and your S.O./your squad, your PSL, the leaves on the ground, or the endless fall activities you participate in! So, here are 25 autumn-themed captions to help you (pumpkin) spice up your Insta. Get ‘gramming’!

Song Lyrics

These lyrics are all perfect for photos of the leaves changing colors, those gorgeous fall sunsets, and the beautiful colors that are all around during autumn!

• “Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place” –All Too Well by Taylor Swift
  • “The autumn days swung soft around me” –Pale September by Fiona Apple
  • “The first fire of autumn” –The Past and the Pending by The Shins
  • “And it was all yellow” –Yellow by Coldplay
  • “I miss you most of all my darling, when autumn leaves start to fall” –Autumn Leaves by Eva Cassidy

Image Courtesy of Marcus Cramer

Quotes

Searching for the perfect quote to seem well-read, elegant, and autumn-ready? Look no further!

• “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • “We pretended she’d only gotten lost in the colors of fall.” -T. Greenwood
  • “There is a subtle magic in the falling of old leaves.” -Avijeet Das
  • “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” -Emily Brontë
  • “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” -Oscar Wilde

Image Courtesy of Alisa Anton

Puns

Because who doesn’t love a good Halloween/fall-themed pun to show off just how much fun those fall activities really are?

• Be my boo? / I’ll be your boo

The perfect pun for Halloween!

• The maize was a little corny

Going to a corn maze anytime soon?

• Searching for my apple-y ever after

Aren’t we all? Use this for a pic among those delicious apples you just picked!

• Mums the word

A classic saying for those classic fall flowers!

Image Courtesy of Alisa Anton

Photos with your S.O.

These captions are sure to garner some “awws”!

• The leaves are falling and so am I
  • You never fail to leaf me smiling
  • I still fall for you every day
  • It’s cold outside but I’ll keep you warm
  • I love you a latte

Image Courtesy of Chad Madden

Selfies/Photos with your Squad

Awesome for solo pics or pics with your whole squad.

• Sweeter than a maple latte
  • Something wicked this way comes
  • Pumpkin spice and everything nice
  • The only thing getting lit this weekend are my fall-scented candles
  • Get in loser we’re going [insert fall activity]

Image Courtesy of Crystal Shaw

Emily Duffy

Hofstra '21

Emily Duffy is a sophomore English major with a concentration in Publishing at Hofstra University. She aspires to one day be a developmental editor for future New York Times bestselling Young Adult novels. When she is not studying or writing, you can usually find her reading, obsessing over Taylor Swift, or rewatching Gilmore Girls for the millionth time.