Campus Style: Kelly Spellman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Kelli Spellman

Major: Journalism and Drama

Hometown: Waterford, CT

Steal Her Look!Sweater: Target

Belt: off an old skirt from either from Forever 21 or American Eagle

Tights: Target

Leg Warmers: I’ve had these for a while too.  I grew up taking dance classes so they are from a dance store.

Boots: DSW

Her Campus Hofstra: How are you transitioning your wardrobe for the cooler temperatures?

Kelli Spellman: I’m transitioning my wardrobe for the cooler temperature by adding lots of layers and cozy sweaters.  I love wearing an oversized sweater with legging and boots!

HCH: Who is your style icon?

KS: I love reading Lauren Conrads blog.  I get a lot of style tips from her! I love her because she always looks classy and also has a lot of cute outfits that are also comfortable.  Comfortable outfits are my go-to for class.

HCH: Are you going Black Friday shopping this year?

KS: I will be staying in my PJs this Black Friday.  I only go out if there is something specific I need.  I will definitely be participating in Cyber Monday though.  Tobi is my new online obsession and I’m hoping they have some good deals!

HCH: What is your favorite season to dress for?

KS: My favorite season to dress for is the winter! I love scarves and peacoats and comfy sweaters.

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!