Brandon Chivers ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Brandon Chivers

Class Year: 2017

Age: 20

Campus Involvement: FORM Gallery

Major: Design

Hope everybody had a good break, but let’s be honest, the campus cuties were missed. Now they’re back and first one is this cutie Brandon Chivers. Enjoy!

Favorite thing about Hofstra: Diverse Student Body

Goals for the semester: To finish out strong! I just hope that since I have class all day, that I’ll be able to get through it!

Have you heard about HerCampus before: I haven’t really heard of HerCampus until I was interviewed.

How do you feel about being the first campus cutie of spring semester: Well, I still don’t know too much about it, but I would say it feels pretty good.

If you could travel the world with one person who would you choose: I would choose my best friend Kat Diener.

Quality you look for in a significant other: The qualities I look for are very minimal. Usually I know if they have the same taste in music and interests.

Pet Peeves: Since I live in a house with 4 other people, it tends to revolve around dirty dishes.

What is something you would want to accomplish: Getting out of bed before my alarm goes off for my 9 a.m. class.

Where do you see yourself in 15 years: Hopefully, I’ll be working in the art department of a swanky publication in New York City.

What’s your favorite quote: “To live is the rarest thing of all. Most people just live” –Oscar Wilde

Who do you look up to the most: Honestly, I tend to look up those people I’ve met while at Hofstra that work in design and publication, as that’s where I want to see myself in the future.

Current sophomore at Hofstra University majoring in journalism.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!