nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Podcasts For Your Daily Commute

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Unless you strictly take online classes or work from home, you probably have a commute (in some capacity) in your everyday life. Commuting can be pretty tedious and boring, so how do you make your commute a little more bearable? You can listen to music, or you can follow in the footsteps of the millions of people who are listening to podcasts. There are *so many* different podcasts out there, and you’re able to stream them on various platforms, which is useful if you already have subscriptions to streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music. Podcasts are all the rage right now, and besides the fact that they’re a different and exciting way to occupy yourself, they can be mentally stimulating as well. Here are some of the best podcasts out there to make your daily commute more enjoyable.

If you like crime stories…

-My Favorite Murder with Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark (Spotify)

-Crime Junkie (Spotify)

-True Crime Garage (Apple Podcasts)

-Canadian True Crime (Spotify)

If you want to channel your inner #girlboss…

-#lipstories (Spotify)

-Lady Gang (Apple Podcasts)

-Happier with Gretchen Rubin (Apple Podcasts)

-Gals on the Go (Spotify)

-UnF*ck Your Brain (Spotify)

If you want to get the news (like the well-informed human we know you are)…

-The Daily (Apple Podcasts)

-Today, Explained (Spotify)

-Mueller, She Wrote (Spotify)

If you just want to chill out and listen to someone talk about life…

-Thick and Thin (Spotify)

-The Sunday Social (Apple Podcasts)

-Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations (Spotify)

If you want to divulge in some romance…

-We Met at Acme (Spotify)

-Love Letters, presented by The Boston Globe (Spotify)

-Modern Love (Spotify)

Now, you have no excuse to be that guy that doesn’t listen to podcasts. Spotify and Apple Podcasts both have a lot of great shows, and even if you don’t have a subscription to either of these services, you can still listen with ease on your otherwise boring commute. 

Madeline is a journalism major at Hofstra University, and is a writer for HC Hofstra. If you're looking for her, you can probably find her at an Anthropologie, the beach, or eating peanut butter out of the jar.